Donut pan(s) or electric donut maker
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
2 tspn baking powder
1/4 tspn salt
1 large egg
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup whole milk
3 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tspn vanilla extract
1 tbsp whole milk
1 tspn vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2-3 drops red food coloring
2 ounces multicolored sprinkles
- If using an electric donut maker, preheat according to manufacturer's instructions. If using donut pans, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease donut pans.
- In a small bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg and sugar. Then add milk, oil, and vanilla extract, mixing until thoroughly combined. Gently stir in the flour mixture, stirring until there are no lumps.If using mini-donut pans: Carefully fill each donut indentation 3/4 full. Bake for 7-9 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a donut comes out clean. Transfer donuts to a cooling rack and cool completely. If using an electric mini-donut maker: Carefully fill each donut indentation 3/4 full. Bake according to manufacturer's instructions or until a toothpick inserted into a donut comes out clean. Remove donuts from appliance, transfer to a cooling rack, and let cool completely.
- Place wax paper under a wire rack to collect any drippings for an easy cleanup. Then, in a small bowl, whisk together milk and vanilla extract. Add powdered sugar, whisking until smooth. Add red food coloring 1 drop at a time, until you reach the desired pink color.
- Dip the top of each donut into the icing and transfer to a wire rack. Immediately garnish the tops with the multicolored sprinkles and let set for 5 minutes. Donuts can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days but are best served fresh.